Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Class reading--August 2

I read chapter 11 in our book Classrooms that Work and found it very helpful in providing some instruction on differentiated instruction. Differentiated instruction is a very important concept that has to be present in almost all aspects of teaching. It involves knowing your students in order to provide activities and lessons that are tailored to their individual needs. I really liked the Garfield quiz that Monica passed out in class the other day because this is a great way to provide your students with differentiated instruction. After you know what your students interest are, you can better provide things for them that will help them learn to their full potential. One of the activities that I enjoyed reading about in the chapter were the literature circles. I used to really enjoy these when I was younger and I think they can be really helpful for students now, too. I think they can be useful to students who are more advanced because they can "teach" the rest of the group what they see that the rest of the students might not and then also for the lower students to hear what the rest of the group has to say. I think they are a great way to provide differentiated instruction and group work at the same time. Click here for TIPS

No comments:

Post a Comment